Monday, March 23, 2009

It seems as if all MM's kids are publishing blogs( OR SO I'VE BEEN TOLD. I CAN'T ACTUALLY READ , YOU REMEMBER).It just makes a puppy want to howl. Dogs don't cry.There's so much to catch up with on my MM's family. But he doesn't seem to have time. If he didn't watch those stupid Jazz games and BYU sports he may be more up on things that are really important. But otherwise, what a man. He treats me really nice, usually. I still get too excited when Nancy and her kids come over. But I'm learning. Maybe in a year or so when I grow up, things will be different. I really like it when Sterling comes over . He plays with me and teases me the whole time he's here. I get real excited about that.

I think I do a real good job of being a watchdog. Whenever anyone comes close to the house, I really start barking. If anyone has the nerve to come inside I really give them attention. I jump and climb all over them. Sometimes I get too excited and dribble a little bit. But I never bite.

Well, I met two new female dogs. Great days ahead, I hope. Canine companionship, I mean. There is a Golden retriever across the cul-de-sac. She spends most of the daylight hours outside in her yard. But, there is a hole in the fence just big enough for me, but not for her. Every time I sneak out, I go over and spend some time. She's a little old and big for me, but that's ok. Friends shouldn't be judgmental about about each other. Just take them as they are.

Brian's kids mother got a new puppy, and they brought her over one weekend. Boy, is she great fun. MM took some pictures of us together. Maybe they'll get posted also. She is quite fiesty though. She doesn't like to share bones. She growls and snaps at me. Maybe if we get better acquainted things will improve. We do get along pretty good though. MM said she is the kind of dog he wanted, but I'm the kind he got. I really don't know what to think about that. He tells me all the time how much he likes me, but you never really know , do you?

MM almost finished Braden's room in the basement. Not too bad. MMW says it will make a good sewing and craft room after Braden gives it up. Let her have it. I personally wouldn't want to down there by myself. Then I really would howl.

I am getting better about my sanitary activities. I'm either getting better, or doing a better job of hiding things. I still love to chew on things. MMW had a wooden goose laying around. It's head has a rounder, shorter nose than before. Looks good but it needs some paint. Maybe a little sanding too.

Its been snowing again; Great powder. I love to play in it, but MM keeps telling me to do my business and go back inside. But, I show him who's boss. I take as much time as I can. Some things you just have to work up to. MM is afraid to let me just go out on my own. I always return in 5 or 10 minutes. Or usually, unless Cassie the retriever wants to play.

MM and his woman have some of their kids over for a birthday get together. Seems as if three of them have birthdays this month. What's the big deal. Nobody fawns over me.

My other other favorite person unfortunately will be spending more time with me. He was caught up in a workforce reduction at the magnesium plant. I hope he can find something else to do, but I do like him so much. He's the person that feeds me the most. Better food, too than MM.

I learned that MM's mother will be coming back on May 13 this year. I think she really likes me. She remembers me as a small puppy. She will really be impressed with how I've grown. MM doesn't think so. He says I have to be better behaved, and especially don't leave anything unpleasant in her room. Really, I'm a big puppy now. Somewhere I must have gotten a bad reputation.

MM has to go now. Standby for pictures.
Jake

Since MM did not post the above blog when he was supposed to, I get the blame for not posting in a timely manner. What a bummer. what's a puppy supposed to do all by himself. I have managed to get up to the computer keyboard when MM is out of the room. He always catches me though. I guess it because something is always on the floor, usually with teeth marks. That's not real evidence, is it?

Things are really getting better around my house. MMW is beginning to appreciate me more. She lets me curl up next to her feet, and occasionally I sneak onto her lap. She won't let me stay there though. Her foot is really getting better. The doctor took the pin from her toe and it looks a lot better. She's not so touchy about me getting too close.

I'm able to run free when MM grandkids are around. I still get overly excited when they arrive, but MM takes me away until I calm down and then things are ok, usually. I think Lulu really likes me, and I really like her. She tries to play throw and retrieve, but she can't throw very far yet. Whenever Braden and Morgan come over, they play with me as soon as they come in, and after that I'm cool for as long as they are here.

MM's daughter blogs about here gardening efforts. She must take after MM, especially her apparent brown thumb with the trees. It probably was MN though and not her. Some trees just can't grow in some parts of Utah. MM was sure happy when the weather turned warm for a while. He pruned all the fruit trees. ( He left all the pruning on the ground, though) . While I was out today performing my daily routine, I noticed that the apricot tree will soon be in full blossom. Little white tips are beginning to show. MM attended another pruning class again this year. He's taking another master gardeners class now. This one is about trees. Maybe he can learn something this year. Last years class on flowers went over his head I think. He needs to get involved in edible gardening. I know it's hard to believe, but he likes to eat.

This warm weather has allowed MM to get the grow boxes in shape and ready to go. He added another one this year. Soon that entire area will be in production for something other than weeds. MM started a lot of seeds in his basement "greenhouse". He has a lot of tomatoes for a change. Most of the other things are not doing too well, but that didn't stop him. He just planted more this weekend. He also planted some spinach seeds in the outside garden before the rain and snow this week

I've written way too much about MM without me being involved. I have been taking him out for walks every day if it does not rain. MM says wet dogs stink. MM doesnt walk fast enough for me. I keep trying to get him to go faster, but he keeps yanking on my collar to slow me down. I don't understand anything he says. He thinks if he says it loud enough, I will understand what he says. You'd think that by now I could have him trained better. I guess that he's getting too old to learn new things. Us puppies don't have that problem.

MM tells me that Ive been tagged. I knew that already. I wearing it around my neck. Oh, now he tells me that not what he meant. The vet did the first tagging. Boy, did that sting at first. Now I need to come up with 10 words that begin with the letter "G". What's a letter "G" anyway. I can't read or write. Good grief, what's a puppy to do. I guess that I will go into MM's great green garden and help him get it ready. The grape plants do need to pruned. Too bad that there's no gate to help keep me from running away. MM, tell Nancy that I can't do that tagging thing. There's nothing for me to gain. Thinking is just not in my bag of tricks. It makes me gag just thinking about thinking. Let her think that I will do it, but maybe she will just forget about it.

Well, MM's typing finger is getting tired and he says his eyes aren't focusing very well. So I guess we'll go now. It's time for my midnight potty break.

later,
Jake

1 comment:

  1. Jake, I'm sure glad to hear from you. I was beginning to wonder what happened. Tell your MM he can come prune my trees if he gets bored.

    ReplyDelete